How cute are these? This past weekend we had a family celebration to celebrate Brendan’s Inc. Magazine ranking for the Inc. 5000. We are so proud of him! He has worked so hard and deserved recognition for his years of hard work. I put together a fun BBQ with family that included all of his favorite foods. For weeks, he has been wanting this outrageously expensive 7 layer dip that our local grocery store carries…however, they charge 12 bucks for this tiny container of squished together layers of dip. I figured I could make these on my own…put them in individual containers so there is no risk of it turning into a bowl of mixed together dips. I did however, draw the line when he wanted me to include queso dip as one of the layers. Here is the recipe for the dip! Thanks so much to my sister in law Tiffany of Red Velvet Moments for capturing the goodies in photographs!
- 2 cans of refried beans
- 2 pounds of guacamole (2 1/2 of the large containers from Whole Foods)
- 1 container of Daisy light sour cream
- 1 container of salsa (I love Salsa Lisa)
- Finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Chopped green onions
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Limes for garnish
- Clear plastic tumblers. My recipe makes about 16 individual dips.
- There are two ways to go about this…I have an obsession with using my piping bag for everything…frosting, deviled eggs, you name it, I can find a use for it…including these dips. Obsessive? Maybe. But it sure makes things look good. I filled each of my piping bags with the beans, guacamole and sour cream. The rest of the ingredients layer nicely without it.
- Layer the ingredients (with a piping bag or spoon) in the order listed above and finish off with a slice of lime. So pretty and they were the hottest item at the party!
1 thought on “Individual 7 Layer Dips”
For my Dr. Seuss themed baby shower I am giving this a go! Thank you for the inspiration.