I’m just going to go ahead and caveat that this is not exactly the healthiest of recipes…I mean, it is overflowing with yummy vegetables which is wonderful, but they are definitely hidden in a rich, cheesy carb party…but it’s definitely a party I want to attend. This dish is super family friendly. My toddler absolutely loved it! She could eat it with her fingers which is great… because in her awesome toddler world, we are boycotting forks. Anyways…I found this recipe on Pinterest of course, and the original recipe can be found here.
I used a few different veggies than the original recipe, but you can pretty much use whatever you have in your fridge, that’s what I love about it. I have written the ingredient list below with my modifications…but please visit the original recipe developer’s blog for step by step instructions! Enjoy!
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup trimmed sugar snap peas
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups of bell peppers (we love bell peppers…so we did more than the original recipe called for)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
You must be logged in to post a comment.